This Video is a Blender beginner tutorial that shows how to animate an Alarm Clock. A Lattice modifier is used to change the shape of the Alarm Clock. Shape Keys are used to control the animation.
- Video published on YouTube Jun 20, 2013
- Blender version used is 2.67b
Using a Newer Version of Blender?
There have been changes to Blender since this video tutorial was made. Fortunately, as of Blender version 2.78a, the changes that affect the video are minor. The relevant changes are listed below.
- The Add menu is now at the bottom – Or you can press Shift A.
- At 8:59 – To rename the Shape Key, double click Key 1 and then enter the name.
- At 10:30 – To rename the Shape Key, double click Key 2 and then enter the name.
- At 19:12 – To view the animation, instead of clicking the Play button, open the Render menu and select Play Rendered Animation. The Render menu is typically located at the top left.
Blender Helpful Hints
- To re-center the 3D cursor, press Shift S and select Cursor to Center.
- To undo a step, press Ctrl Z. To redo a step press Shift Ctrl Z.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Number Pad.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Middle Mouse Button or Scroll Wheel.