This is a Blender beginner tutorial that shows how to make a Coffee Cup. The tutorial is a 2 part video series that shows how to model a coffee cup and setup the ceramic material. The camera and lighting setup is also shown.
- Video published on YouTube Oct 12, 2012
- Blender version used is 2.64
Using a Newer Version of Blender?
There have been changes to Blender since these video tutorials were made. Fortunately, as of Blender version 2.78a, the changes that affect the videos are minor. The relevant changes are listed below.
- The Add menu is now at the bottom – Or you can press Shift A.
- At 3:38 in Part 1 – When finishing the subdivide loops command, press the left mouse button twice instead of once.
- At 11:22 in Part 2 – For the Clamp setting, set the Clamp Indirect value.
Blender Helpful Hints
- To recenter the 3D cursor, press Shift S and select Cursor To Center.
- To undo a step, press Ctrl Z. To redo a step, press Shift Ctrl Z.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Number Pad.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Middle Mouse Button or Scroll Wheel.