This Video is a Blender tutorial that shows how to make an animation of text that appears to come into focus when a lens is moved in front of it. A photograph of wood is used for the texture. You can download the photograph at www.littlewebhut.com/images/wood_texture.jpg.
- Video published on YouTube Oct 8, 2014
- Blender version used is 2.71
Using a Newer Version of Blender?
There have been changes to Blender since this video tutorial was made. Fortunately, as of Blender version 2.78a, the changes that affect the video are minor. The relevant changes are listed below.
- At 4:58 – When setting up the light source, remove the check mark from next to Multiple Importance.
- At 11:06 – Select Copy All To Selected instead of Copy To Selected.
- At 11:14 – Select Copy All To Selected instead of Copy To Selected.
Blender Helpful Hints
- To re-center the 3D cursor, press Shift S and select Cursor to Center.
- To undo a step, press Ctrl Z. To redo a step press Shift Ctrl Z.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Number Pad.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Middle Mouse Button or Scroll Wheel.