This Video is a Blender tutorial that shows how to make glossy polished text. The lighting and camera setups are also shown.
- Video published on YouTube Oct 21, 2013
- Blender version used is 2.68a
Using a Newer Version of Blender?
There have been changes to Blender since this video tutorial was made. Fortunately, as of Blender version 2.78a, the changes that affect the video are minor. The relevant changes are listed below.
- At 1:34 – After pressing Shift D, Right Click instead of pressing 0 and Enter.
- At 3:42 – Remove the check mark that’s next to Multiple Importance.
- At 8:56 – Set the Clamp Indirect value for the Clamp setting.
Blender Helpful Hints
- To re-center the 3D cursor, press Shift S and select Cursor to Center.
- To undo a step, press Ctrl Z. To redo a step press Shift Ctrl Z.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Number Pad.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Middle Mouse Button or Scroll Wheel.