This Video is a Blender tutorial that shows how to make an image of a planet bursting into pieces. The Cell Fracture Add-on is used to break the crust of the planet apart. A Particle System is used for the background stars.
- Video published on YouTube Nov 1, 2013
- Blender version used is 2.68a
Using a Newer Version of Blender?
There have been changes to Blender since this video tutorial was made. Fortunately, as of Blender version 2.78a, the changes that affect the video are minor. The relevant changes are listed below.
- At 7:03 – The Number of times to smooth is now called Repeat.
- At 8:59 – The Number of times to smooth is now called Repeat.
- At 9:50 – Press Shift Ctrl Alt C instead of clicking the Origin button.
- At 10:19 – Press Shift Ctrl Alt C instead of clicking the Origin button.
Blender Helpful Hints
- To re-center the 3D cursor, press Shift S and select Cursor to Center.
- To undo a step, press Ctrl Z. To redo a step press Shift Ctrl Z.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Number Pad.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Middle Mouse Button or Scroll Wheel.