This Video is a Blender tutorial that shows how to make a realistic chain. Blender’s Rigid Body tools are used to position the chain links. Three photographs are used in the video. The following are the download links.
- Link to chain texture image (ground.jpg) – www.littlewebhut.com/images/ground.jpg
- Link to environment texture image (outdoors.jpg) – www.littlewebhut.com/images/outdoors.jpg
- Link to wood surface image (surface.jpg) – www.littlewebhut.com/images/surface.jpg
- Video published on YouTube Aug 30, 2013
- Blender version used is 2.68a
Using a Newer Version of Blender?
There have been changes to Blender since this video tutorial was made. Fortunately, as of Blender version 2.78a, the changes that affect the video are minor. The relevant changes are listed below.
- At 8:38 – On the left side of the Tool Shelf, click the Physics tab.
- At 11:01 – Remove the check mark that’s next to Multiple Importance.
- At 15:26 – For the Clamp setting, set the Clamp Indirect value.
Blender Helpful Hints
- To re-center the 3D cursor, press Shift S and select Cursor to Center.
- To undo a step, press Ctrl Z. To redo a step press Shift Ctrl Z.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Number Pad.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Middle Mouse Button or Scroll Wheel.