This Video is a Blender tutorial that shows how to make a soccer ball with stitching. The lighting and camera setups are also shown.
- Video published on YouTube Sep 13, 2013
- Blender version used is 2.68a
Using a Newer Version of Blender?
There have been changes to Blender since this video tutorial was made. Fortunately, as of Blender version 2.78a, the changes that affect the video are minor. The relevant changes are listed below.
- At 0:48 – Select Add Mesh: Extra Objects instead of Add Mesh: Regular Solids. (Thanks to YouTube user Kyle Mayne for this step)
- At 0:54 – After pressing Shift A, select Mesh, then Math Function, then Regular Solid. On the left, select the Presets drop down menu and select Truncated Icosahedron. (Thanks to YouTube user Kyle Mayne for this step)
- At 5:01 – Press Ctrl along with the minus key on the number pad once instead of twice. It should look like the video at 5:10. If it doesn’t look like the video, then press Ctrl along with minus on the number pad one more time.
- At 5:20 – The Number of times to smooth value is now called Repeat.
- At 10:09 – The Number of times to smooth value is now called Repeat.
Blender Helpful Hints
- To re-center the 3D cursor, press Shift S and select Cursor to Center.
- To undo a step, press Ctrl Z. To redo a step press Shift Ctrl Z.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Number Pad.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Middle Mouse Button or Scroll Wheel.