This is a Blender tutorial that shows how to make an image of 2 bell peppers splashing into a tank of water. The tutorial is a 2 part video series that shows how to model a bell pepper and setup the material for it. Blender’s Fluid Simulator is used for the splashing effect. The camera and lighting setup is also shown.
- Video published on YouTube Dec 14, 2012
- Blender version used is 2.64
Using a Newer Version of Blender?
There have been changes to Blender since these video tutorials were made. Fortunately, as of Blender version 2.78a, the changes that affect the videos are minor. The relevant changes are listed below.
- The Add menu is now at the bottom – Or you can press Shift A.
- At 7:25 in Part 1 – Press A once or twice until the whole base of the stem is selected.
- At 17:03 in Part 2 – For the Clamp setting, set the Clamp Indirect value.
Blender Helpful Hints
- To re-center the 3D cursor, press Shift S and select Cursor to Center.
- To undo a step, press Ctrl Z. To redo a step press Shift Ctrl Z.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Number Pad.
- Learn How to use Blender without a Middle Mouse Button or Scroll Wheel.